Okay so I’m pretty sure everyone loves s’mores and rice krispie treats. If you don’t than there is something wrong with you and it might be time to call the doctor and schedule an appointment. You must not be human if you do not like either of those tasty treats. If you are human and like s’mores and rice krispie treats then these treats are perfect for you. They are a cross between s’mores and rice krispie treats. They are two in one! And they are super easy to make! Just follow the recipe provided below that I found courtesy of Country Cleaver. You have to make these! I mean….the picture says it all right? Yum!
1 bag of mini marshmallows (10 oz.)
1 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips + 1 for topping
1 box of Golden Grahams cereal (12 oz.)
6 Tbsp. of butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I forgot to add the vanilla when I was making these treats but they still tasted great)
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Spray a 9×9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir the mixture until the marshmallows have melted and you are left with a creamy mixture. Next, stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Pour the Golden Grahams into the mixture and stir until the cereal is evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Spread the mixture in you prepared pan and press it down evenly. Add chocolate chips to the top and press them down so they will stick.
5. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool then take them out and enjoy!
These treats are great for parties or to take to work or school events because they don’t take long to prepare and won’t take very much time out of your busy schedule. I like these because they remind me of camping which I love to do. The Golden Graham give a good graham cracker taste that I was not really expecting. My treats did not turn out like the picture from above. The chocolate chips that were added to the marshmallow and cereal mixture started to melt in the pot so there are not whole chocolate chips in side the treats but the ones that I added to the top stayed whole. I can’t wait to have lunch so I can have one for dessert! They just smell so divine. Maybe I’ll sneak one before……