Yesterday mom made Chicken Tortilla soup for dinner and man was it delicious. If you like tacos and if you like soup then this will be perfect for you!! It is awesome. It’s a little spicy so I’m just warning those who don’t like spicy things. Frankly, I think that is crazy. I love spicy things which is partly why I like this soup. I also love that flavor of the broth. I don’t quite know what it is that I like but it is so good. I provided the recipe below so feel free to make it. In fact, I encourage it!! Please make it and enjoy! You won’t regret it.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Ro-Tel
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 T. garlic powder*
- 1 T. chile powder*
- 1 T. ground cumin*
- 1 T. dried cilantro*
* or use taco seasoning
Add tortilla chips, sour cream, or cheese to your bowl for extra flavoring.
- Put chopped onion, cans of beans, Ro-Tel, corn, chicken broth, water,and spices in a CrockPot and stir to mix.
- put chicken breasts on top of the mixture and make sure they are at least partly submerged in liquid.
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or on low for 8-9 hours.
- Before serving, remove the chicken breasts, shred it, and return it to the CrockPot.