I found another recipe while I was happily scrolling through all of the wonderful pictures on Pinterest. You have probably already guessed what this recipe is for from the title of this blog post. If you haven’t then you may be pretty slow in the head. LOL I’m sorry if I just offended you but you have to agree with me, right? I better clear this up before this gets confusing. The recipe is for Banana Chocolate Chip Doughnuts!! Yummy yummy in my tummy. I was so excited to find this recipe because I love all three of those things. Banana= good. Chocolate=Amazing. Doughnuts=delicious. And the recipe seems healthier than other doughnuts, but they are doughnuts all the same so I guess we will have to enjoy them in moderation. I can’t wait to make these and see how they turn out!
Recipe is from Janie’sKitchen.com
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (Roughly 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Spelt White Flours (You can also use AP Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used 1/2 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 milk chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, blend the mashed banana, sugar and yogurt.
Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Add flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt to the batter and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Using a spatula, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and seal shut. Cut the bottom corner of one side of the ziplock bag to create a homemade piping bag.
Grease your doughnut making pan and fill 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Optional: coat doughnuts with cinnamon sugar topping
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.